This is the first drape that I did this semester starting back in January! This is based on a rendering I was given from "The Rivals." It is a 1780's Robe a la Francaise. I started with creating the shape for the garment. First is the corset, or stays. This creates a very flat front and pushes up the bossom. With a hard dress form you just kinda need to stuff it a bit to create the right shape. On top of this is the pocket panniers and many petticoats to create the right skirt shape. The Watteau back was probably one of the most challenging parts of this 1/2 drape -- it completely and seamlessly becomes a part of the bodice and skirt...it's actually really neat!