Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Bag Creatures Return

Hello everyone! And so, finally I am updating about the bag creatures, which I've now been thinking and working on for almost 2 years!!! Crazy. I've constructed two more creatures, making a total of 7. I am currently working on a music composition to accompany the performance. I'm still undecided when it comes to choreography. Not being a dancer myself, it's hard to picture. I think I'm more drawn to the improvisation, with slight directions regarding the characteristics of the creatures. I find myself leaning more towards getting lots of audience participation and having random, interested people become the creatures, more than pre-approved dancers. Anyway, the creatures will be performing at the and of April (the 23rd to be exact!) in Provincetown, MA, courtesy of Shore Galleries. We'll be performing at the town dump, recycle center, or the beach! Excitement! Following this performance, the creatures and I will travel back home to VT and have three days of performances/presentations at St. Johnsbury Academy and The Stevens School in Peacham. There will also be a couple improv performances in Montpelier and possibly Burlington. Phew! A lot going on in a short amount of time! I have to put a brief note in -- none of this would be possible without the generosity of the Vermont Arts Council. Thanks to them I have been able to continue experimenting and performing with the creatures!